Besides the background provided by Blogger, and unless otherwise stated, all of the images on this blog are property of the blog owner and author, and I do not authorize copying, editing, or any means of distributing or usage of my images without my written consent.

Monday, February 11

Cinnamon Sugar Cookies


Like most anyone else, I love sugar cookies. And I love cinnamon. So with these cookies you have the best of both worlds!

I started with a simple recipe for sugar cookies after looking up a few different ones, all pretty much the same. I halved the recipe because of limited supplies but if you have enough, I'd highly suggest making the full amount; these won't last long!

2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
After preheating the oven to 350 degrees F, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Then in another bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla. Bit by bit, stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly with a fork.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
 
 
Notes:
-It's very important that you make the cookies small and place them far apart; mine ended up huge and baked into each other.
-To make them into perfect circles I used a glass as a cookie cutter as soon as I pulled them out of the oven, and then let them cool fully. You could do this with any shape if you desire; I'll be making heart shaped cookies for Valentine's Day!
-If you want you could also add some cinnamon into the actual cookie mixture, but it's such a strong flavour that I didn't want it to overpower the taste of sugar and vanilla. It came out very well just rolling the cookies in it but again, it depends on your personal taste.
 
To place the cookie on the edge of the glass I cut a narrow slit not quite halfway up the cookie, having seen the idea on Pinterest. This would be a great way to serve cookies either at a party, for breakfast, or like I did, just for yourself to enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment