Besides the background provided by Blogger, and unless otherwise stated, all of the images on this blog are property of the blog owner and author, and I do not authorize copying, editing, or any means of distributing or usage of my images without my written consent.

Monday, January 21

Grilled Cheddar, Apple and Bacon Sandwich


I've been seeing fruit, especially apples, on sandwiches for a while. I had no idea what this would taste like but it intrigued me so here it is. It actually tasted quite good, and reminded me of when I made a bacon and cheese sandwich with avocado. Different fruits are best paired with different cheeses and I heard apples and cheddar work really well together, so that's what I used.

2 Slices of Bread
4 Slices of Cheddar Cheese (just enough to cover one slice of bread)
2 and a half Slices of Bacon
1/2 Apple sliced thinly
Butter

After frying the bacon and setting it on paper towel to drain the excess grease, I set about making this like any other grilled cheese sandwich. Melt the butter in a frying pan, and on the first piece of bread place the cheese, then the bacon, and then the apple on top. Top with the other piece of bread and place in the pan. When it's golden brown, flip it over very carefully so it doesn't fall apart, otherwise you'll be trying to rearrange a sandwich with all its contents in a hot frying pan. As soon as it's dark enough on both sides and the cheese is melted, remove from the pan and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment