Besides the background provided by Blogger, and unless otherwise stated, all of the images on this blog are property of the blog owner and author, and I do not authorize copying, editing, or any means of distributing or usage of my images without my written consent.

Monday, December 31

Cranberry Walnut French Toast with Banana Syrup


Two slices of Cranberry Walnut Bread
Two eggs
Cinnamon
Sugar







When I woke up this morning and saw the Cranberry Walnut Bread on the counter I remembered having Cranberry Almond French Toast at a hotel once for breakfast with Banana Syrup. So I gave it a try! First I cracked two eggs into a bowl and beat them, adding a few dashes of cinnamon and sugar and stirring. Then I dipped the bread in the eggs and put it in a pan I had sprayed with Pam non stick spray, but butter would work just as well. While that was frying up I started the Banana Syrup!

This is a recipe I found on allrecipes.com, more specifically here. I adjusted it to only use one banana because I was only making this for myself this time. I thought the syrup would be too sweet but it was actually perfect. It looks complicated but it was really simple; over medium heat melt the butter and add in the brown sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Simmer until the sugar dissolves. The recipe says 2-3 minutes but for me it was only 1, so watch it carefully; you don't want it to caramelise. Then you add in the slices of banana and stir until they're coated, for a few minutes. I left them in too long and they got really nicely mushy and the sugar caramelised a little bit, which tasted really nice.

When the bread was crispy on the outside, nice and golden brown, I buttered it and spooned the Banana Syrup on top of it. It was surprisingly delicious and I shared it amongst my family. It was a big hit and it looks like I'll be making it again! Next time I'm going to sprinkle dried cranberries and roasted pecans on top for colour.

This is one I would definitely recommend for you to try out yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment